Tobold's Blog
Tuesday, February 12, 2008
 
Blizzard Worldwide Invitational 2008

Blizzard just announced their Worldwide Invitational 2008 for end of June, and it is in Paris, just 3 hours door-to-door away from me. And while the tickets are pricey ($100), I think I would like to go, at least for one day trip. Suddenly the philosophical question of "are bloggers press?" turns into the more practical question of "could I get a press pass for the Blizzard Con", and I'm afraid the answer is "no". So I'll just have to hope that it will be possible to get tickets, and they aren't all sold out 5 minutes after going on sale.

Oh, and by the way, one of the events at this convention is that players can try out Wrath of the Lich King and Starcraft II for the first time. Which confirms that the release of these won't be in the first half of 2008, but looks good for a christmas 2008 release date.
Comments:
Hopefully this means that zerg will be out before than, or at least announced before than, putting a date on when that waiting buzz will finally come through.
 
Tobold interested to know why you can't get a 'press pass' are they not handing them out or is it just that they are only doing full time press?

Am interested as I am studying journalism & had hoped to get a pass for this. Have you spoken to Blizzard?

DM.
 
I wouldn't know who to. And with what credentials? "Look at me, I have a blog!"?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool