Tobold's Blog
Wednesday, August 06, 2008
 
WAR open beta in August

Via JoBildo: You can download the Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning open beta client starting from August 15. Maybe the "coming August 23" banner that got Massively so confused is the announcement of the open beta start? 4 weeks before release on September 18 would make sense.

No news yet on when the NDA will drop, but I'm warning you that my WAR coverage will NOT be extensive. WAR is one of the games that already has several very good blogs and fansites up and running, whose coverage will be way more detailed than mine. Plus Mythic wasn't exactly shy about letting us know many details of how their game is working. I'll post my opinions when the NDA drops, but will probably not write a complete "how it works" review, because that would be superfluous.
Comments:
Some things to consider:

1. Mark Jacobs NDA timing scale:

http://www.warhammeralliance.com/forums/showpost.php?p=701390&postcount=54

2. The OB is level and area capped, ala AoC?
 
@Tobold:

Even if you're not going to go over Warhammer extensively, I'd still like to see your comments on the product (and launch in particular), as I imagine many of your readers would agree.

Just because it's doomed doesn't mean you should ignore it. ;)
 
@werit

Interesting post there from Mark.
Paul and Mark have been on the Hype train so bad, that they make comments and decide to forget about them.

I now wonder if we will see an NDA break very soon, or if it was more "Lip Service"
 
@Tobold:

I think you should give WAR a full review. This is a major MMO release. This is the biggest MMO release since WoW. I think since you are playing WAR you should atleast give it a review as in depth as your AoC review. I've read your reviews on WoW:BC, Lotro and AoC. I can trust your review to be fair and unbiased(ie. no fanboism).

Apart from reading your review, I also enjoy reading the comments from your other readers. I'd say I fall between casual and hardcore. I think you and readers have a similar mind set and often yours, and their opinions are spot on.

I can't really trust magazines, and I most certainly can't trust a lot of blogs out there(too much fanboy stuff). I think you should let a review go....but if not atleast open a topic for your readers to post their thoughts.
 
NOBODY CARES ABOUT MMORPGs.

only failures of the societies do
 
Makes you wonder how you call somebody who trolls the hangouts of the failures of society.
 
NDA should drop day the game goes gold.

BTW if you don't already have beta access I'm guessing that Fileplanet will be handling the open beta.

www.fileplanet.com/promotions/warhammer

It's a locked page so you might want to keep an eye on them the next few days. Will probably be the usual subscriber-only keys given out first and general public later.

Just a guess, could be nothing so take it how you will...
 
I haven't updated my WAR beta in a couple of weeks and thought I would do it tonight...6gb to go! lol
 
That's ok, beta servers are down right now anyway, lol.

They more than likely won't be up again until Thursday.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool