Tobold's Blog
Sunday, September 14, 2008
 
GOA registration half-working

A bit later than scheduled, the GOA code registration for the WAR European headstart went life this morning. You can enter your e-mail, userid, password, and Collector's Edition headstart code. But what you can't do is log into your account and check whether you are in the headstart or not. When I try to enter my code, I get a message "key is expired". Does that mean something has gone wrong and I won't be able to play in the headstart? Or does that mean that some previous attempt to enter my key has gone through and I'm golden? Nobody knows, because not only is there no site to check it, but the e-mail notification of previous code entry successes didn't work. So I can only wait until the servers open and pray it works.

Meanwhile the Warhammer Online account site from EA / Mythic in the US works perfectly.

But the good news from European WAR is that apparently all the beta testers have been credited with 7 days of free play starting September 18th. That is great news insofar as I'm not certain whether my copy will make it into my mailbox by day 1, as I had to order from the UK. The 7 free days should be sufficient to tide me over until I get my release version key.
Comments:
I'm pretty sure their site will crash tomorrow when we try to enter our SE keys, they'll probably get all the CE keys cleared up and then on Wednesday/Thursday, the SE HS people will be able to play.

By the way, anyone know if the 7 days credit is added onto/overridden by the free 30 day subscription you get by pre-ordering?
 
One week and they still could not fix it?

I really hope they don't exploit the poor developers and testers of the site and account system with 24/7 shifts now, only because of that mess that should have been easily avoidable with proper planning and project management.

Unless of course it was a devs fault to completely mess up their system in the last minute :P
 
As I understand it, the 7 days free is as well as the standard 30 you get with any new account. However, in response to the blog, you needn't worry as there is a 5 or 7 days grace from entering a head start key to entering your full release key as thay are aware people may not get it on release. There was a news article or something about it a while ago, I think. I assume this x day's grace is independent to the actual free 7 days extra, but not of the 30 days your retail key gives.

Hope that makes sense and hope I am correct; that is how I have interpreted the various news stories and information from thier web site, anyway. ^_^
 
ah, sorry for double post, but just to clarify, (yes I shuold have proof read before posting.)

Where I say "standard 30 ... with any new account" I am aware that this bonus 7 days is (at the moment) only for people why were in beta. (though if the live release goes as "smoothly", who knows...)

Further, where I say "5 or 7 day's grace from entering a head start key." I mean that the 5 or 7 days is from release, not the date you enter the key. I think. Again, this is not gospel; merely one boring person's understanding of news posts on that amazing website...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool