Tobold's Blog
Wednesday, November 19, 2008
 
Wired for sound

Music is not a big part of my life. I don't even own an iPod or other MP3-player. I only use iTunes because my ISP subscription comes with 5 free songs per month, and those are pretty much all I ever downloaded. But yesterday I was listening to a Cliff Richard song on the radio, "Wired for sound", and couldn't help but notice how the technology of music had changed since he sang that first. He's singing of "casette in my pocket", and "power from the needle to the plastic", but both casette recorder and LP players pretty much went the way of the Dodo. The "AM, FM, I feel so fantastic" technology of radios is still around, but nowadays Cliff would have to sing of "power from the iTunes to the iPod", and "MP3 player in my pocket". And there is a good chance that in a few years we won't even be "wired for sound" any more, because our headphones will be using some wireless technology like Bluetooth.
Comments:
True. I'm listening to Blip.FM daily, and I'm pretty certain such a system will be wireless in a few years: you select your own favourite "DJ's" and listen their lists wireless. Only headphones required. It's really like Andy Warhol put it: In the future everyone will be world-famous for 15 minutes. Though I think it's going to be more like 15 seconds.

But who knows what the future holds.

Copra
 
Cliff Richard? :D
Damn, you're old!
 
Tobold must be listening to BBC Radio 2 :P
 
"Music is not a big part of my life."

That statement makes me a sad panda. I can't imagine what life would be like without music.

Jason (resident drunken idiot of Channel Massive)
 
I dont even need a device...

Music beams to my head every minute of every day (the life of a musician...ARGH!)

@Copra

Blip.FM ROCKS!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool