Tobold's Blog
Thursday, March 19, 2020
 
Explorer's Guide to Wildemount

I just received from Amazon my printed copy of the Explorer's Guide to Wildemount (I already had access to it on D&D Beyond). I have absolutely no idea why I bought this. Probably just because I want to have all the official D&D 5E books. But just like the Eberron: Rising from the Last War book, I will probably have very little use for Wildemount. I usually either use Forgotten Realms, or my own campaign worlds. It's not that I think that the other campaign settings are bad, it's just that it would take a lot of time to study them if I wanted to use them.

Normally Wizards of the Coast are publishing two adventure modules per year. I don't think they announced any for this year. Instead we will get yet another campaign sourcebook, Mythic Odysseys of Theros. But in general I find the adventure modules more useful than the campaign sourcebooks. I mean, how many campaign sourcebooks do you need? But there is always room for one more adventure. So I still hope there will be new adventures released this year.

Comments:
Have you ever looked into the Pathfinder adventure paths? Their is a pretty continuous stream of those coming out, and a lot already available.
 
Yes, I have a number of them, starting from the Rise of the Runelords. However, call me lazy, I prefer 5E material, so I don't have to convert all the stats and rules to a different system.
 
Yeah I bought this too, mainly thinking that (whenever I get back to 5E) my players could benefit from the new races and class options, but as I browsed through the book a great weight of fatigue set in and I just felt so....bleh. Still, I switched to Pathfinder 2E anyway so I guess for me D&D is all about being a collector right now, anyway.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool