Tobold's Blog
Friday, February 15, 2019
 
Going heavy

After successfully clearing the Lunar New Year celebration event in World of Tanks, I had to find a different project. So now I am working on my various heavy tanks. As heavy tanks have better survivability, and tend to do more damage than light tanks, I am hoping that this will stop my WN8 rating from falling further. My games still aren't very consistent, but it is more likely to get a shot or two in when I'm playing heavies, and thus my bad games don't drag my score down all that much. And my good games score higher as well.

I have heavy tanks up to tier X, and the heavy tanks I play to progress in the tech tree are up to tier IX. Which means that researching the next level of tank costs a lot of experience points and takes a long time. However, besides having a premium account, I also use my reserve of gold to convert experience from fully researched tanks into free experience. So I am playing not just the tanks I need to progress on, but all my heavy tanks. On a weekend like this one, with 4x xp for the first win, that makes a big difference. However I'm not spending the free xp on researching tanks, but rather *after* having researched a new tank I spend it on modules, so I don't have to play the new tank as stock.

My main weakness is still being impatient. I often move forwards too much, when staying behind cover would have been better. On the other hand, some of my pushes end up winning the game for my side, or at least result in me dealing a lot of damage before exploding. I'm happy enough if I am doing well. I don't plan to compete with people who have 50k+ battles fought and know every weak spot of every tank, I can't beat those anyway.


Labels:


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
Newer›  ‹Older

  Powered by Blogger   Free Page Rank Tool